I can’t believe that my baby boy is 8 mths old today! Time really does fly. I feel like I’m finally coming out of the “I just had a baby cave” and am I’m realizing that soon I need to start planning his 1st birthday (ok, maybe not yet, but I’m a planner so I am already thinking about it!) as it will be here before I know it! Having a baby is wonderful, but they require a lot of work and love! I thought I’d do a little post about some of my favourite baby products, and I’d love to hear yours! I love Instagram, because through my scrolling I found most of the products that other mom’s love!
- Dockatot: this little bed is amazing. I swear they sew sleepy dust into the seams. It’s completely breathable, and makes the baby feel secure and so they sleep longer. It’s also completely portable, which made for easy naps wherever we were. We used it to safely co-sleep with Quinn when he was newborn to three months before we transferred him to his bassinet and then his crib. We are planning on bringing it on the plane with us when we go to Europe this month as well!
- Owlet Smart Sock: this monitor is amazing. It’s a little sock that monitors your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels all night long, and will alert you if something is amiss on your phone and on the docking station it comes with. Extremely easy to use, it’s been such a game changer to know that Quinn is ok while sleeping. We can check his heartbeat and oxygen levels in real time on our phones at any time when he is wearing it, and when my husband is at work on night shift he can do the same. It’s pricier, but definitely worth the money for the peace of mind and no false alarms!
- Ollie Swaddle: created by a paediatrician, this is one swaddle you don’t want to be without. It is amazing because most babies can wiggle out of swaddles no problem, but this one stays secure and helps against the Moro (startle) reflex. You can use it to bind their arms or leave them free, it’s your choice! That makes it safe to use when they start rolling as well, however when baby becomes fully mobile that’s when I stopped swaddling.
- Solly Baby Wrap: my favourite babywearing wrap! When I first opened the box I was sure I’d never learn how to tie my baby into the wrap but after watching the helpful tutorials, I was a pro in no time. This wrap is amazing for calming baby down, sleeping, and for keeping baby close. There are so many benefits to baby wearing! My friend has recently started a company called Human+Mother, which sells these wraps in Canada! I’ll definitely be checking these out for baby #2! I love to shop local.
- Baby Shusher: this is exactly what it sounds like – it shushes so you don’t have too! I bought the app for my phone and it’s a lifesaver for trips when Quinn is crying or needs to go for a nap. I have the portable one as well for his room, which can also attach to a stroller while you’re on the go!
- My Brest Friend: I love this breastfeeding pillow! It supports my back and makes breastfeeding easier, so I don’t need a million pillows to get situated.
- Jujube Commodore Diaper bag backpack: I made the mistake of buying an over the shoulder bag…and it sucked. It was so heavy, and with carrying a carseat (those weigh a ton with a chubby baby) the bag, and whatever else I needed, I was way too weighed down. This backpack is functional and stylish, which is what I was looking for. Jujube offers so many awesome styles and colors!
- Sophie Giraffe: I’m sure this goes without saying! Every baby globally agrees that she’s a wonderful chew toy!
- Honeybean chewlery: designed and made by a good friend of mine, these chewable necklaces and teethers are awesome. Quinn loves to grab at my necklace and chew on it when I’m wearing it, and then I can snap it off and give it to him and know it’s a safe item for him to teethe with. Plus, they come in all sorts of cute colors and designs.
- Cuddle&Kind: these are my favourite stuffies. Not only are they adorable, but they are also handmade by women in Peru. Each doll is providing work for women and also provides 10 meals to children in need. Pretty awesome.
- Parade Organics: I love that this company is Canadian, and that they the softest organic (certified by Ecocert) jammies. They come in the cutest designs and wash up beautifully, over and over.
I definitely have more favourites, but I’ll stop for now. My little man is awake from his afternoon nap and it’s time for more adventures! (aka crawling and climbing around the furniture; toys are for sissies these days!)